Paulo Jacobsen, after doing great partnerships with three generations of Bernardes (internship with Sergio Bernardes, partner of Claudio Bernardes for 25 years and partner of Thiago Bernardes for 10 years), founded in 2012 the office Jacobsen Arquitetura, with your son Bernardo Jacobsen.
Jacobsen Arquitetura has joined the experience of over 800 projects developed by Paulo in several segments of the architecture, but with an emphasis on high standard residential architecture, with the international performance of Bernardo, who worked with architects such as Christian de Portzamparc and Shigeru Ban. Working together with Eza Viegas, they completed over 70 interior projects implemented in Brazil and abroad. The office currently has approximately 60 projects in development and the staff has around 25 professionals in the headquarters of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. The main feature of their work is the fact they are contextualized to the local and dialogue with custumers´ wishes, not presenting ready forms or ready aesthetics. The importance of light, transparency, fluidity of spaces, structural lightness and use of natural materials are other important aspects of their architecture. Paulo Jacobsen published 3 books and has voted as one of the 100 most important achitects of the world bu Architectural Digest in 2001 and one of the 100 most influential designers by Wallpaper magazine in 2011.
- Reconocimientos de la empresa
- 2015 Prêmio Architizer A+Awards – projeto Residência BV – finalista na categoria residencial (XL)
- 2014 Prêmio Architizer A+Awards – projeto Residência JN – finalista na categoria residencial (XL)
- 2014 Prêmio Architizer A+Awards – projeto Museu de Arte do Rio vencedor na categoria Museus pelo voto popular
- 2013 Prêmio Veja Rio: Paulo Jacobsen é eleito o carioca do ano, categoria arquitetura.
- 2011 Wallpaper: “Bernardes & Jacobsen” são eleitos uma das 100 pessoas mais influentes do mundo.
Alameda Gabriel Monteiro da Silva, 1310 – 6 andar
01442-000 Sao Paulo